July 22, 2010

Lisa D. Participates in NYC Triathalon!

Photobucket
Last Sunday was so hot! Do you remember that day? That was also the day I participated in the New York City Triathalon-swimming a mile in the Hudson River, then riding 25 miles into Riverdale and finally ending with a hot, sweaty 6 mile run around Central Park.

After training for 5 months through the Team in Training Leukemia Lymphoma Society, I fundraised for the organization and in turn they trained 400 'non-athletes' to be able to complete this daunting, yet rewarding, event.

I have to say the Hudson River was clean and refreshing and the bike ride had beautiful views-but that run was terrible in 100 degree heat!

I had a wonderful, supportive team near the finish line made up of Bill, Marilyn,Sandra, Marcy, Adam and my cousins!

All in all it was a great adventure and I recommend it highly.

-Lisa Davis

No comments: